In the Flesh is a monthly reading series held the third Thursday of every month at the appropriately named Happy Ending Lounge, and features the city's best erotic writers sharing stories to get you hot and bothered, hosted and curated by erotic writer/editor Rachel Kramer Bussel (Best Sex Writing series, Do Not Disturb, Spanked, Dirty Girls, etc.). From erotic poetry to down and dirty smut, these authors get naked on the page and will make you lust after them and their words. Themed nights have included True Sex Confessions, Revenge of the Sex Columnists, GLBT Night, and Comedy Sex. Readers have included Laura Antoniou, Mo Beasley, Susie Bright, Lily Burana, Jessica Cutler, Stephen Elliott, Martha Garvey, Gael Greene, Andy Horwitz, Debra Hyde, Maxim Jakubowski, Josh Kilmer-Purcell, Tsaurah Litzky, Suzanne Portnoy, Sofia Quintero, M.J. Rose, Danyel Smith, Grant Stoddard, Cecilia Tan, Carol Taylor, Veronica Vera, Zane and others. In The Flesh debuted in October 2005. Contact rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com for bookings, press, or questions. Click here In The Flesh: Los Angeles. “…writer and host Rachel Kramer Bussel welcomes eroticism of all stripes, spots and textures to the Happy Ending lounge on the Lower East Side.,” New York Times UrbanEye newsletter, August 15, 2007 email rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com for booking or other information or interview requests

Friday, November 16, 2007

Lux Nightmare on play piercing at True Sex Confessions Night

I'll have more videos and photos from last night's awesome True Sex Confessions Night at In The Flesh, but wanted to put this up for now. Shot by Richard Blakely of Lux Nightmare talking about play piercing. Lux is also the co-author of a piece, "The Pink Ghetto (A Four-Part Series)," which I'm publishing in Best Sex Writing 2008, out in early December.



Here's what blogger Tess D of Urban Gypsy had to say about Lux's piece:

Damn Lux Nightmare.

I don’t really know this woman, nor, to my shame, have I kept up with her site, Boinkology.com, but after her reading last night at In the Flesh, I fear she has planted an evil seed in my brain. Now, the way my mind works is once an idea gets in there, I can’t rest until I follow it through. What idea did she make sound so fucking super hot, intimate and arousing? Oy vey. Get ready. Needles. Piercing. Play piercing. I am so fucked.

Filled with erotic imagery, Lux read a piece that hypnotized me with its passion and beauty. Her delivery made it clear she was transported back to that first time as she read and she took me along with her. She talked about the needle piercing her flesh, penetrating her, how it hurt - but not so much, how it aroused her and made her feel connected to her lover. Damn, damn, damn. Writing this is making me hot. This feels so wrong, and yet, so insanely right. I’m lucky though, I guess. I don’t know a soul (well I know one, but he’s sadly unavailable to my debauched desires) who I’d trust to stick a needle in my tit.

Labels: